Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

Goal setting can be a fun challenge for VAs

The article I read dealt with setting realistic goals. I find I sometimes set myself up for failure due to having too many or not realistic goals. According to the author, “make sure that you are being practical or realistic. You can pick a goal that is challenging and demanding, but do not pick one that is impossible or impractical.” (http://www.squidoo.com/Setting_Your_Home_Based_Business_Goals) I do love a challenge! Therefore, I may be setting goals too high. The article discusses the need to set timeframes on goals and to make sure to have both long and short term goals. I have a tendency to want to get everything done right away. This year I have been practicing making both long and short term goals. I’ve actually been doing this with travel, something I thoroughly enjoy doing. By practicing a skill with a fun project, it will more easily transfer to my business goals. My long term goals this year were to visit Hawaii, Europe and Panama Canal by the end of 2010. So far I have gone to Hawaii and I will be heading to Europe the end of this month. I’m currently planning a cruise to Panama, so goal-setting seems to be working!

No comments:

Post a Comment